SpinQuest Vendor Information and Application
A Creative Handspun Adventure taking place on Saturday, August 24, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the Blue Ridge Arts Council on Main Street in Front Royal, Virginia – hosted by Wild Hare Fiber Studio and SpinArtiste! Only 40 tickets available. $85 admission includes a seat in the spinning circle and a Quest Kit (mystery fiber pack). The day will include mini-workshop presentations demonstrating art yarn techniques and creative spinning exercises led by Melissa Yoder Ricks (Wild Hare Fiber Studio) and Arlene Ciroula (Spinartiste.com). In between, participants may spin whatever and however they would like and are invited to create a yarn or other project with the fibers in their Quest Kit.
Interested in becoming a vendor? Here are the guidelines:
1. This event is focused on hand spinning of expressive/textured/art yarns. 75% of products offered should be spinning focused.
2. There is a juried selection process involved in becoming a vendor.
3. Vendor is responsible for providing and securing his/her own labor, set-up, clean-up, product equipment and all other related materials and documentations necessary for operating the sale of their products.
4. Vendor spaces consist and include a six foot table and one chair. Vendors may bring other display items but need to stay within their allotted space.
5. The vending area will be in the front of the gallery space to facilitate shopping by “market only” attendees.
6. All items for sale must be “family” appropriate.
7. In lieu of a vending fee, each vendor shall supply materials to contribute to the attendees “Quest Kit”. Assuming the event sells out, generally, each vendor will need to supply up to 2.25 pounds of fiber to the event. The fiber must be washed, free of VM, and preferably dyed. Upon being accepted, the details of your specific contribution will be discussed with you. This is a non-refundable contribution. The contributions are due by July 15, 2013.
8. Vendors will also receive a Quest Kit and are invited to participate in the events of the day as much as they are able while manning their booth. Vendors do not need to purchase a ticket.
9. A late submission fee will be applied to those vendors who apply within one month of the event. The late submission fee is $25. Please note: space is very limited, thus we urge you to apply as soon as possible.
10. Most importantly as part of our judicial selection of vendors, we must be able to evaluate your products. If you have a blog, photo gallery, or website with good high quality images, then you may simply input your web address/link/URL below. If you do not have these things, then you must submit good high quality images of your products which you plan to sell.
11. Vendor set up time is 8:00 AM on the day of the event and the event must be broken down and cleared out by 6:30 PM that day as well.
As an additional benefit, vendors are invited to join us after the event for dinner and facilitated, structured discussion on topics designed to help you build your fiber business.